Re: ArcServer DBAgent for Oracle

From: Robert Hart <rhart_at_gov.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:06:53 -0700

I use Arcada's (now Seagate's) backup exec. Never had any problems to speak of, although I do know of a few people who didn't read the manual or test the backups and found out (OOPS It didn't back up everything)

I shutdown my database with some small scripts and the winat stuff from microsoft. Although the Intergraph BatchServices product looks neat if you don't think winat is good enough.

What are you looking for anyway? An enterprise solution or are you talking one server? I can't give you any specifics unless I know the scope.

But for some free advice make sure it will backup Microslops SQLServer. You can
try and avoid it but it is coming and unless you are ready for it you may get stuck. If you have exchange or use NTServer you will get stuck with SQLServer.

l8r
Robert Hart