Re: Why do I have to restart LISTENER every week?

From: <mgogala_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 01:17:32 GMT

In article <1998Dec21.212924.20080_at_relay.nswc.navy.mil>,   "Rick Roberts" <rdrober_at_nswc.navy.mil> wrote:
> I have to restart the listener once a week or so.
> What is going on?
> Is there a timeout value that I can adjust?
> (I am running on SGI Irix 6.4)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick Roberts

There are 3 possibilities:
a) You have a problem in your Unix configuration. b) There is an Oracle problem which should be reported to

   Oracle tech support.
c) Your configuration is tuned to obey 10 commandments, especially

   the one about observing the Day of the Lord. This one applies    if you've bought your RDBMS from a burning plant, during a    trip to the mountains.

Without log and trace files, it's really hard to tell. My advice is to call Oracle support.

--
Mladen Gogala