Re: Maxing CPU

From: <nigel_tufnel_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 20:49:50 GMT

I have to chime in with my two cents here.

100 % utilization may or may not be a bad thing. This means that the reports are getting as much CPU time as possible. On the other hand, if the other users are still getting acceptable response times there is no problem.

Problems do happen when a process takes over the CPU and doesn't release it for anything. This is usually a sign of a poorly written query.

Regards,

Nigel