How can I pass parameters to RMAN

From: Greg C. <gdclark_at_southwind.net>
Date: 21 Dec 1998 17:30:27 GMT

I am using RMAN under ver. 8.0.5 to backup my db to disk. I execute my RMAN script from a .ksh file. I would like to pass the RMAN script a parameter for the destination of the backup files. This would simplify my maintenance if I decide to change the location of the backups. For instance I want line like this,

    format '$BACKUP_DEST/full_df_t%t_s%s_p%p' rather than this

     format '/backup/SLNK/full_df_t%t_s%s_p%p'.

Thank you for your help. Received on Mon Dec 21 1998 - 11:30:27 CST