Need to execute a UNIX program from a ORACLE PL/SQL block

From: HAP <shield_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:48:06 -0500

The subject pretty much sums it up.
I am running 7.2.2.3 and I need to run a program from within a trigger.

I have tried testingthe HOST command but I get trhe following message: PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "CLEAR" when expecting one of the following:

The test was a line that read:
host clear; Received on Mon Dec 21 1998 - 10:48:06 CST