Re: v$parameter

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:29:03 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Nuno Souto" <nsouto_at_acay.com.au> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 21 Dec 1998 22:23:51 +1100, you wrote:

>That may be so. But I've found that not all role access is suspended. I've got
>stored procedures that are quite happy with access to other schema tables. But
>when I add a reference to a sequence, the role fails.
>
>I wish the whole thing would be consistent. That used to be one of the great
>things with ORACLE. Nowadays, it seems they have caught Microsoftitis...

It *is* consistent. ROLES are not enabled during the compilation and subsequent executions of any stored object including functions, procedures, packages, and views.

You do not have any stored procedures that use roles...

>--
>Cheers
>Nuno Souto
>nsouto_at_acay.com.au
>Roger Snowden wrote in message <367BF7DC.D5BD1DBD_at_NOT.com>...
>>
>>Access to this sys-owned view was probably granted via a role. Roles are
>>suspended during stored procedure execution under the current releases.
>>To fix this, log in as sys and explicitly grant select on this view to
>>the procedure owner.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Mon Dec 21 1998 - 07:29:03 CST