SYSDBA Privileges on Oracle8 Trial Edition

From: David Ward <dward_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1998/12/20

Hi,

I have just installed the trial version of Oracle 8 Server on Windows NT and would like to change the utl_file_dir parameter in the Instance Manager so that I can use the UTL_FILE package in some PL/SQL code.

I have been signing on to the Enterprise Manager using the default SYSTEM User ID and MANAGER password. When I change the utl_file_dir parameter in Instance Manager and click the Apply button, I get the message that I need SYSOPER or SYSDBA to restart the database.

Does anyone know how I can get these privileges? I can't seem to find an explanation in the online documentation.

Thanks,

Dave Received on Sun Dec 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CST