Re: svrmgrl errors. help.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 07:47:29 +0100

Hi Manu,
This means Oracle can't open the database. Normally there should be a line
control_file=('file1','file2')
in your $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/init<SID>.ora. If that line misses Oracle will use
the ?/dbs/cntrl@.dbf you are looking at which should be interpreted as
$ORACLE_HOME/dbs/cntrl<SID>.dbf
This mean either of two things:
Your environment variable ORACLE_SID has an incorrect value before you started
svrmgrl
or
you have lost your control files and/or your init.ora is incorrect. Obviously I can't resolve this problem from here.

Good Luck,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA