Re: 8.05 Server running in MTS mode NT4.0

From: jacob bogers <bogers07_at_worldonline.nl>
Date: 19 Dec 1998 21:34:14 GMT

I had a project migrating an OTL (online transaction system) application from os2 TO WINDOWS nt4.0
at ricoh espc in amsterdam holland. NT40 clogged up when about 30 people where
accessing the database concurrently. (adding an extra processor, raid10 controller,
and 256meg (yes!) of memory to the machine didn't help at all. Not even a slight
improvement. (I learned the hard way that NT40 isn't scalable.) After close examination it seems that NT40 stops when to many processes (28 to be exactly) are waiting for blocking IO. The kernel doesn't get any processor time at all,
(flat-line on the task manager monitor)!!

/Jacob

Robert Puskas <defaultuser_at_domain.com> schreef in artikel <367A2C06.700C21F6_at_domain.com>...