Re: Oracle 7.3.2.3 for HP-UX 10.20

From: Kumar, Sai (EXCHANGE:PERPK:3374) <saikumar_at_nortel.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 12:41:15 -0500

Moshe Bar wrote:

> Thanks to all who responden. I am making a little progress.
>
> If I start ./WGSTART it runs for about 3 minuts and then asks me if I am
> upgrading from 7.1.6. I say no and shortly after it cancels installation
> because it cannot create a /tmp/sh1726.sh file.
>
> Does anybody have a clue what is going on?
>
> Why does it have be so hard to install Oracle?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Moshe Bar
>
> Moshe Bar wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody
> >
> > I am trying to make Oracle 7.3.2.3 for HPUX 10.20 install. The
> > documentation (HTML) on the CD is full of wrong links. Does anybody know
> > of a FAQ or HOWTO for the install?
> >
> > Is there maybe a website that might help me?
> >
> > Thanks for any help or suggestion.
> >
> > Moshe Bar

Hello Moshe,

To install oracle 7.3 on HP-UX 10.20 do the following :-

  1. Run the following file :-

     #/usr/sbin/pfs_mountd &
2. #/usr/sbin/pfsd &
3. Use the editor to create a new file /etc/pfs_fstab

     and add the following in the file :-
      /dev/dsk/<devicename>   /SD_CDROM pfs-rrip xlat=unix 0 0
4. Insert the cd-rom into the tray and mount the cd-rom :

    #/usr/sbin/pfs_mount /SD_CDROM
5. Exit the superuser a/c

     #exit

Installing oracle :-

cd /SD_CDROM/orainst

./orainst

This will bring in the oracle installation screen and proceed further with the installation.

Sai Received on Fri Dec 18 1998 - 11:41:15 CST