Replication ...

From: <narenn_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:48:11 GMT

Hello replication gurus,

We are planning to use Oracle replication but are concerned with following issues ...

1> If we use replication with readonly snapshot how is the reresh done ? Does the master does the refresh or it is the receiver ( did not want to use word slave) who initiates the refresh. What we are concerned about is not giving un authorised access to the receiver of our data! Any thoughts/expericenes , please share. 2> If the end user decides that he not only needs copy of our data but could also update this data on his local database which we replicate, i suppose readonly snapshots don;t make any sense. So we could use updatable snapshots or N-way replication. In this case how do we control access to the master database ie the end user could update his local database but should not propogate the changes to the master site.

Please share your suggestions by mail to Narendra.Nathmal_at_FMR.com

Thanks