Re: shutdown scripts

From: Tim Shute <Tshute_at_nospamnisoft.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 10:07:19 +0000

In article <75caft$hhm$1_at_sloth.swcp.com>, Ed Lufker <elufker_at_swcp.com> writes
>Hi All;
>

> Does anyone have database shutdown scripts that will run on an NT
>platform. Any examples of using at to schedule theses shutdowns????
>

>thanks in advance for any help here
>eddie lufker

Try something like -

c:\orant\bin\oradim73.exe -shutdown -sid ORCL -usrpwd oracle -shuttype srvc,inst -shutmode i

Change ORCL for your own SID and oracle for your own internal password.

Put this line in a NT .com file and you should be able to schedule it with AT commands. We run ours with an anti-virus scheduler, which works fine.

HTH
--
Tim Shute
Software Engineering Manager