Re: tnslsnr process takes a long time to start?

From: <nigel_tufnel_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/12/17

Nelson:

I'm using NT so I can't comment on your listener start times.

Open DB connection is an expensive task. If you can, create multiple listeners, with TNSNAMES.ORA files that describe them all. This won't make each conneciton any faster, but it will shorten the number of connections in queue.

Regards,

Nigel