Screen out records during load via trigger?

From: Headquarters <headquarters_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 03:24:58 GMT

Hello,

Using Oracle Server 7.3.2.2.0. We load a table weekly from a source file using SQL Loader, into a table with a trigger. Is it possible to include logic in the trigger which will screen out records during the load? Like:

IF criteria is met THEN

        do a bunch of logic
ELSE
        don't load the row
END IF; Or is this only possible with a WHEN clause in the Loader control file? Reason for asking: source file grows incrementally each week, and we'd like to just load current week's data, but a WHEN clause doesn't support < or >, only = or != (we'd like load by a date range). Any suggestions? Thanks.