Oracle for beginner - advice please!

From: Websurfer <Websurfer_at_itnet.com>
Date: 18 Dec 1998 03:03:12 GMT

To all Oracle experts and professionals:

I only have a B.S. in Accounting.
However, I took COBOL, PASCAL programming in college. Since I graduated, I have been working as a database administrator/programer
using PC database softwares like DBASE, FOXPRO & ACCESS. I want to enter the Oracle field.
Where should I start?

I found a company offering courses in Oracle OCP and Oracle Developer. Which one should I take first?
How much do those Oracle classes usually cost?

My company is not currently using Oracle but planning to buy Oracle Financial.
Which is the chance that a company would hire me after completing some Oracle
courses, probably with a Oracle OCP but no real work experience in Oracle
and no computer degree?

Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Dec 17 1998 - 21:03:12 CST