import question

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:41:19 -0500

Quick question on import. I have a development database that I do not do a full
import on because some of the PL/SQL code has trouble re-compiling. Instead,
I disable all referential constraints, clean the tables, and do an import. This
seems to work fine. Essentially, the script does this: imp $username file=/export/whatever buffer=1048576 log = out/whatever grants=y fromuser=ofprd touser=ofprd ignore=Y rows=Y

This works fine, leaves all of the code intact etc., But, I'm wondering why it doesn't
try to import synonyms. Sometimes, when doing this from a system with a different
username, I have to change the fromuser parameter to get the data in, and I'm confused
as to why synonyms pointing to an incorrect schema don't get moved in or blow away
the old ones.

Any thoughts?