Oracle 7 vs. Oracle8 analysis

From: <nbrown_at_epnet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:50:02 GMT

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good (i.e. objective) material that points out the added benefits/functionality that I get by migrating from Oracle 7.3 to Oracle 8.0x? I'm trying to weigh the benefits of migrating an existing application to Oracle's latest and greatest against the cost of actually doing the migration (modifications to existing front end applications), so any white papers/books that can show me what Oracle 8 gives me above and beyond Oracle 7.3 is what I am in search for. Initially Oracle 8 was touted as the OO database, but I don't see this particular application taking advantage of that aspect of Oracle 8. If I put that feature aside, is there anything else (i.e better performance, more stable, many cool new features...) that I will miss if I stay with Oracle 7.3? Thanks...

Nathaniel