Re: Oracle on unix or NT

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:04:23 +0200

Ed Lufker wrote in message <756t4f$dl1$1_at_sloth.swcp.com>...

> I am trying not to put my Oracle db on an NT platform, it is
>currently on a solaris platform. Could you help and give the reasons why I
>shouldn't move the database over to an NT platform. Big picture stuff
>would be great. I only know unix, so I dont have clue what Oracle acts
>like on an NT box.

You decided not to put your Oracle DB on NT, because you only know Unix and have no idea how Oracle "acts" on NT. Then you asked for people to give you technical reasons to support your "decision"?

Excuse me, but why on earth should I (or anyone else) do that? If you have already made up you mind - a decision you freely admit is based on ignorance - what good will that do discuss the pros and cons of NT vs Unix with regards to Oracle?

I have no problems with lead piping (bashing) software, as long it is based on REAL EXPERIENCE, FACT and TECHNICAL/BUSINESS ISUES. But this concept that NT always sucks compared to Unix irrespective of the business and technical requirements, only shows prejudice and a TOTAL LACK of IS skills.

As always. IMHO.

regards,
Billy Received on Thu Dec 17 1998 - 07:04:23 CST