Re: Shutdown

From: Thomas Pall <tpall_at_bga.com>
Date: 1998/12/16

Well, you can query v$sessions and look for the values you need to kill the sessions. Or, you can do the equivalent. Do a shutdown immediate. This kills the sessions, rolls back uncommitted transactions, checkpoints the data block cache to the datafiles, writes the latest, consistent SCN into the control files, datafiles. When you open a database which has been shutdown normal, transactional or immediate you do not see instance recovery. This is because the database was closed completely in each case.

Now about putting quotas on those idle users.

Michael Ho (hom_at_loyal-holding.com) wrote:

: Diego Pafumi wrote:

: > Hi gurus !!!
: > I have a question. I have to shutdown my database, but sometimes some
: > machines are connected. I want to do a "normal" shutdown. So the
: > question is: How can I kill the users connected to my database????
: > I saw in the v$session that there are users connected from more than 5
: > days, so I want to kill their session.
: >
: > Thanks in advance and sorry about my English !!!
: >
: > Diego

: kill all connected session + shutdown normal = shutdown immediate. Received on Wed Dec 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST