Q: SQL*LOADER and large varchar columns

From: Bernd Dormann <Bernd.Dormann_at_hamburg.netsurf.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 18:40:12 +0100

Hi everyone,

I have some problems with SQL*Loader. I have to load some Ascii-files into an Oracle 8.0.4 database on NT. Some tables have columns varchar(1500). When I load data into these tables, the contents of these columns is truncated. Question: Is there a parameter for the SQL*Loader to insert 1500 bytes into a varchar(1500) column. Or do I have other problems or is the loader not able to handle that.

I would be very happy for any hint.

Bye

Bernd Received on Wed Dec 16 1998 - 11:40:12 CST