EXEC SQL SET CONNECTION?? Is this possible.

From: <kolli_s_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:42:16 GMT

Hi,

Our application server establishes all the required connections to the databases during initialization. Later, when it receives requests from clients, depending on the client ID, the server executes EXEC SQL commands on corresponding database. It does this by using "at" clause in every EXEC SQL statement as in "EXEC SQL AT :db_name SELECT ....;". If possible I would like to get rid of the "at" clause in every EXEC SQL statement and do the CONNECTION at the beginning of the function once and let that connection be used by all the EXEC SQL statements in that function.

I remember doing something like "EXEC SQL SET CONNECTION :db_name;" in Sybase for a similar project. Does anything similar exist in ORACLE (v8.0.4)? Note that I do not have any user ID or password or any other information in the function except for the database name (db_name).

I would appreciate if you Cc: your response to "kolli_s_at_hotmail.com".

Thanks for your time.

-Sudhir

kolli_s_at_hotmail.com

http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own Received on Wed Dec 16 1998 - 10:42:16 CST