Re: Moving databases between disks on NT Server 4.0

From: Joerg Ortmann <101.212007_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:55:55 GMT

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 11:38:14 -0000,
 "Merlin Team" <merlin_team_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem that I have two databases on drive d:\ on an NT box, I am
> now running short of space on the drive but have masses of space available
> on the e:\ drive.
>
> What steps are needed to move one of the databases from the d:\ drive to the
> e:\ drive?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
> paul_merlin_at_hotmail.com

0. backup system
1. get a script for creating controlfile:

   backup database backup controlfile to trace

   Oracle creates a script in the trace file    copy script to file and change path for datafiles as needed

2. shutdown database
3. copy datafiles to changed location
4. startup database nomount
5. run created script
6. mount database
7. open database

Best regards
Joerg Ortmann
Technical Consultant
Ortmann_at_netscape.net
* If the going gets tough, the tough go playing * Received on Wed Dec 16 1998 - 07:55:55 CST