Oracle processes on Sun very large!?

From: Pavel Polcar <pavel.polcar_at_berit.cz>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 00:44:07 -0800

Hi everybody,
it seems to me that the Oracle (8.0.4) processes (both background and shadow) on a Sun Ultra 250 are larger than they should be (or the system shows something else - I checked it with ps -efly to get RSS and SZ). The sizes even depend on the size of SGA of the instance and are as follows for two sizes of SGA:

SGA	RSS 	        SZ
2,8MB	~10MB		22MB
55MB	62MB		80MB

On Digital Unix, the shadow processes occupy only about 2M.
Can some tell me if this is correct or how the processes behave on your SUN machines?
Thanks,
Pavel