Grant on view containing user-defined function?

From: Paul Brewer <paulb_at_batelco.com.bh>
Date: 16 Dec 1998 06:16:26 GMT

Oracle 7.3.3.0.0 on SunOS.

We created a currency conversion function which reads our exchange rate table,
and returns the amount in the base currency. Works fine. Then we created a view which uses the function. Again, works fine. However, when we try to grant select on the view, we get the 'end-of-file on
communication channel' error.
Has anyone experienced this? Is this a bug?

Paul Brewer Received on Wed Dec 16 1998 - 00:16:26 CST