Re: NT 4.0 sp3 upgrade kills ODBC with oracle 7.3????

From: Mike <mikem_at_webspan.net>
Date: 1998/12/15

I had a very similar problem just a couple of weeks ago. I also tried to use the Oracle ODBC and the Microsoft for Oracle ODBC along with intersolve. After many calls to both Oracle and MS we narrowed it down to some sort of obscure bug in VB in the way it was interacting with the ODBC drivers. I chose the easy way out and upgraded sql*net from the Oracle 7.3.4 cd as per Oracles suggestion. It worked like a charm (unfortunately it took two days to get it on 300 machines). Now the application works with Intersolve, Oracle, and MS ODBC drivers. I wish I could tell you exactly what the problem was but I still can't get any conrete answers from anyone. The problem could also be resolved (in my case anyway) by using sql*net from the 7.3.2 cd. Hope this helps and good luck Received on Tue Dec 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CST