NT 4.0 sp3 upgrade kills ODBC with oracle 7.3????

From: andrea <andreas*_at_swog.fhcrc.org>
Date: 1998/12/15

I had a running system. My backend is Oracle 7.3.3 running on Aix, with sql*net
My client programs are VB 5.0 sp3 enterprise with RDO 2.0 using Intersolv 3.0 ODBC drivers.
My netadmin had my machine upgraded from NT 4.0 sp2 to sp3 and then my Intersolv drivers went haywire. Not allowing a simple select on a table with a column
that is defined varchar2(2000)
The only change was the NT patch.
Intersolv said to put the 3.11 odbc drivers on, this did not help.

It seems that the NT patch is only allowing a reference to a maximum of 1024 bytes.

I am not the least bit happy with either Microsoft or Intersolv, and perhaps oracle.

ANY advice is warmly appreciated!!!!! Received on Tue Dec 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CST