Re: Oracle on unix or NT

From: Stephen Tenberg <STenberg_at_fcs-usa.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 03:28:18 GMT

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish, there is no compelling reason to move Oracle off of Solaris to NT unless you have some other motive.

Oracle on an NT box is great, robust and reliable. I have a number of mission-critical Oracle 8.0 databases on NT 4.0 SP3 and SP4.

The arguments are pretty standard and basically true: If scalability is an issue, certainly Solaris would have a big edge. If low cost and ease of management of the OS is a consideration, NT is worth taking a look at.

Steve