Re: how to do next?

From: Peter Chan <chanp_at_nortelnetworks.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:15:35 -0500

You must do a few things.

  1. Startup the instance.
  2. Create the database.
  3. Create the data dictionary by running the scripts catalog.sql and catproc.sql and a few others.

This is just a overview of what to do, so you might want to take some time and read up on a ORACLE8 Server Administrator Guide as to the specific commands you have to run in order to meet your specific needs for your instance.

I hope this helps.