Repository for Oracle 8 on NT4

From: Laurent Teisseyre <laurent.g.teisseyre_at_saic.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:45:22 -0800

Gentlemen,

I have been a DBA for years but I am coming up to speed in Oracle. My question is: 1) I am installing Oracle following the instructions by the book. Anyway I am told that once a setup the repositor using entreprise manager I should not need to logon the different applications such schema manager, instance manager and so on... Well I have set the appropriate NT user and database use by the book and I still have to logon into the various applications. Is there something I am missing???

2) I would like to have more servers in that same repository so I can monitor them from the same console. Can someone point me to more detail info (besides the Oracle book) on how to achive that successully?

Thanks for you help,

Laurent - DBA - Received on Tue Dec 15 1998 - 12:45:22 CST