ANALYZE command

From: <alt_at_interchange.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:15:24 GMT

Hi

Oracle 7.3.2.3 on Dec Alpha

I've recently taken over the role of DBA at my company and I've found a script thats performing an ANALYZE of the SYS and SYSTEM tables on a weekly basis.

I seem to recall (but cant find any reference in a manual) that you're not supposed to do this. Could you tell me if my recolection is correct and if so why!

I'd be grateful for a reply by email - thanks for the help

alt_at_interchange.co.uk

Al