Oracle 8.0.5 bugs????

From: Scott Delcore <sdelcore_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:29:06 -0500

I was wondering if anyone has run into the following on:

Enterprise-5000: (8) 336 Mhz CPUs/2 GB RAM/2.5 GB swap SUN Solaris 2.5.1
Oracle 8.0.5
450 MB SGA I have a VLDB (150 GB) with 50 parallel server threads running. It seems that some of these processes are "eating" up memory, but seemingly doing nothing. I am doing direct path loads of ~ 2GB per day. These work without errors, but I run into some problems when a series of canned queries run at nite.

When I do a "top" on the server, it reports that they are using up to 1.8 GB of memory.

The above started happening after I upgraded from 8.0.3 to 8.0.5.

Also, I have started having problems with conventional path loads that use to work under 8.0.3, now I get a SQL*Loader-700 error, out of memory while performing necessary allocation...

Any help would be appreciated!

--
Scott Delcore
SAIC