Re: AIX file sizes

From: MotoX <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 23:20:30 GMT

I never use this option. Then again, I never use jfs much, mainly raw on AIX. Even then, I tend to split TS's up into 1Gig chunks for easier management. However Oracle 8.0.5 can have datafiles over 2G on AIX 4.3. But...

Words of warning: make sure your tools/commands work with jfs files > 2G before you go that route. Most of Oracle's tools including imp, exp, sqlloader will *not* work with files greater than 2G.

Read the AIX install guide for more details on this subject.

MotoX.