Re: resize datafile

From: Andrew Protasov <oracle_at_protasov.kiev.ua>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 98 23:54:56 +0200

Hi,

There are no problems with this. Oracle is smart enough to recognize this situation:

SVRMGR> alter database datafile 'h:\orabase\prot1.ora' resize 20m; alter database datafile 'h:\orabase\prot1.ora' resize 20m *
ORA-03297: file contains 19907 blocks of data beyond requested RESIZE value

You will not damage your data.

Andrew Protasov