Re: Application Server 4.0 on NT 4.0

From: Tansel Ozkan <tansel_at_openix.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:28:27 -0500

Chris Yearsley wrote in message <3675fd84.12529606_at_news.bucks.net>...
>On Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:23:00 -0500, "Tansel Ozkan" <tansel_at_openix.com>
>wrote:
>>have been trying to install OAS 4.0 on my NT workstation.
>>But at every attempt exactly at the same point, the installer
>>hangs. The message from the installer at this time is:
>>
>>'Starting or Configuring Oracle ORB'
>
>You need to add an entry in the local HOSTS file. It's in the
>C:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc directory. Add a line that has your IP
>address, and the name by which your workstation is known. Then reboot.

Chris,

Thanks for the information. I added this entry in HOSTS file and rebooted my computer but didn't fix the problem. Some additional information.
The installer seems to hang when running mnlogsrv40.exe in a DOS window. And at the same time installer dispalys a window saying 'Starting or Configuring Oracle ORB'.

Any ideas..

Tansel