Any success connecting Java:Oracle?

From: <latech0910_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 19:52:36 GMT

 RE: HELP!!!!  Hi there,

    I'm an Oracle newby, and I'm writing some Java applets to retreive information from our Oracle database.

    The database is located in our school's network, which I'm trying to connect to from my home. I have read a couple of articles on how to connect to a database, but non of the examples have achieved any connections.

    Can anyone help me?

    I'm looking for a simple, brain dead explanation on how to do this. If it is possible. For simplicity purposes I have created an imaginary setup so we can play with it.

             Database Information:

  Table's name: "Employees"
  Connection name: "Company.world"
  Domain name: "Curly"

             Java applet information:

 Name: Connect.class
 Access method: dial in.
 Drivers used:

         From inside the applet: "sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"
         From my ODBC32        : Oracle ODBC Driver for Rdb

  Now, lets say that I connect successfuly to the network by dialing in.   I can even go to the network's main web page (which does suppose to be working as a server to retreive the information).

 What will be a valid connection format to connect to the database using the information given in above paragraph?

 Does my project seems to be doable?

 Is there any missing information in order to answer any of my qustions?

 What do you guys recomend?

 Any help will be **GREATLY APRECIATED**!

 Please answer back by using the following email address: depaula_at_bigfoot.com

 Thanxs a bunch.

 Carlos