develop in oracle 7.3.3.4 or oracle 8i

From: Marleen van Steeg <marleen.van.steeg_at_mail.ing.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:39:22 +0100

At this moment we are discussing to develop an application for an Oracle 7.3.3.4 database or Oracle 8i. The application must be ready mid 1999. We are considering several options and we would like to have some feedback. The major aspect of the application is that it performs well loading and processing +/- 3 million records per day. The actual storage in the database of records will be +/- 100Gb. In the future this data may be doubled. Maintainability is also important for the application. Our options for development strategy are: 1. Develop application for an Oracle 7.3.3.4 2. Develop application for Oracle 7.3 and migrate, if possible in a later stage of development to oracle 8i, when available on time. 3. Develop application for oracle 7.3 an migrate to oracle 8i in a later fase.
4. Develop in oracle 8.0.5.
5. Develop in oracle 8.0.5 and migrate to oracle 8i when available.

We would be very pleased with comments,

Marleen van Steeg Received on Mon Dec 14 1998 - 10:39:22 CST