Re: Interesting Challange

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:34:52 +0100

David Lord wrote in message ...
>> There's another issue -- legal issue. If system running Personal =
Oracle
>> supports connections from any other machine than running that =
instance,
>> as far as I know it is a license violation.
>This is an interesting point, although the system will be accessed =
extremely
>rarely in this case the fact that one one person can use the system at =
>time is not seen as a problem.

So why not running workgroup server? Yeah, you must purchase 5 = concurrent
licenses at least...

>I've have other posts about Forms 3.0 working with SQL*Net 2 if its
>installed on other platforms. I guess customer pressure has made =
Oracle
>make this work, I wounder if this is now true for Windows based =
development?

On unices, SQL*Forms was bundled with Oracle7 server. That's why it supports SQL*Net 2. Without SQL*Net 2 there is no possibility to connect to MTS for example.
I'm not sure, but on MS-DOS world, SQL*Forms comes from Oracle6 bundle. So it only supports SQL*Net 1.

Regards,
Piotr Kolodziej Received on Mon Dec 14 1998 - 08:34:52 CST