Re: Suitability for real-time data processing?

From: Rajendra Mandalia <netwerk_at_pi.zaverchand.co.in>
Date: 1998/12/13

Hi.
You're right about the "smart" prgrammer's algorithms; Time and again we have experienced applications that looked great during the presentation but were miserable within a couple of weeks/days of going online. We have has to re-engineer many such modules and have always prefered batch processing / pure SQL whereever possible.

Further, sometimes we've had to re-think the design where it was found to be poor to begin with. Also, de-normalization helps where response is crucial, espically in decision support / management support applications.

Cheers,
Rajedra Mandalia