Re: Listener will not start

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 20:59:28 GMT

This means the listener process crashes. Error messages of Oracle services are however not being sent to the NT errorlog, but kept in their own trace and log files.
You should be able to find listener.trc and listener.log They are either in $ORACLE_HOME\bin or $ORACLE_HOME\network\trace and \log.
Usually problems like this point to an incorrect listener.ora and/or sqlnet.ora.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 19:37:43 GMT, snottyoliver_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to evaluate Oracle 8.0.4 for use with PowerBuilder and am
>having a couple of problems. Maybe someone can help me.
>
>Basically when I start the machine the OracleTNSListener80 service
>does not start (OracleServiceORCL and OracleStartORCL are fine).
>
>If I try and manually start the service I get the message :
>
> System Error 1067 - The process terminated unexpectantly
>

>Background - I have installed Oracle 8 Enterprise on Windows NT
>Workstation (service pack 3) there is virtually nothing else on the
>machine besides PowerBuilder 6 and Internet Explorer. SQL Plus works
>fine. All the above services are set to run automatically on startup.
>
>Anyone have any ideas ?
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Snotty

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sun Dec 13 1998 - 14:59:28 CST