Re: async I/O

From: Ross Mohan <postmaster_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 22:37:16 -0500

not familiar with this port ( HPUX ) but try async_write = FALSE

( you might check to see what's it's set to now)

and

if you're not going to async, set db_writers = < number of independent spindles for a "given" query >

    ( sorry, due to vagaries of how folks lay disk out, this will vary from 1 to the number of disks online.)

However, async is very nice. Why not set it up in the OS properly, and make use of it? Even better, if
you're on raw, check into LIST_IO which I believe is still available in 8.0.4....

hth ymmv imho, et cetera, ad nauseam.....