Re: Memory Leak Oracle 8.0

From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif_at_bitwell.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 12:27:22 GMT

On Fri, 11 Dec 98 21:26:53 +0200, "Andrew Protasov" <oracle_at_protasov.kiev.ua> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>You used orlon and ologof calls. These are OCI7 calls.
>And orlon call is outdated, you should use olog call instead.

True, my software is currently Oracle6/7 compatible, using orlon/olog and ologoff depending on target (using Oracle6 libraries for DOS, Oracle7.3 libraries for Windows). I use olog when on WindowsNT.

>OCI8 calls are completely different. Maybe there is a leak
>in OCI7 but not in OCI8. I will try to test.

'Porting' to OCI8 is somewhere in the future, so I have not even tried that API.

Thank's for your efforts and information, appears that there is NO hurry into OCI8 :-)

//jarif