Re: HOST in PL/SQL - URGENT !!!

From: Mark Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 1998/12/11

No, you can not issue an OS command using host from pl/sql. You can use the Oracle provided packages dbms_pipe, dbms_alert, and utl_file to issue messages from pl/sql to the OS. The Application Developers Guide has chapters on the use of these packages.

There have been numerous posts of this topic in the last year. If you have access to the newsgroup archives you may want to look.

Rajesh M <raju_m_at_hotmail.com> wrote in article <3670e8e1.0_at_news.euroconnect.dk>...