Re: Oracle performance under NT

From: Michael Ho <hom_at_loyal-holding.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 12:01:42 +0800

Stephen Vear wrote:

> Does anybody have any performance statistics for Oracle running on NT ? We
> are considering a system that will have to perform about 40 table inserts
> per second for a period every day. The inserts are about 6 attributes each.
> We basically want to know whether this sort of performance can be achieved
> on an NT platform, or if we need to look to Unix.
>
> Any case histories are appreciated
>
> Stephen Vear
> vears_at_logica.com

40 table insert is okey for NT. Of course depend on your hardware setup, database design, database size, etc.

General Advice 1 : Never underestimate the system requirement, there are always some later come requirment cost 10 times of your resources. General Advice 2 : Never undersize your hardware, 'cause it is generally cheap right now. Received on Fri Dec 11 1998 - 22:01:42 CST