Re: How to use Sql*plus cross Fairwall

From: Matthias Süncksen <msuencks_at_marcant.de>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 00:24:20 +0100

Dong Tang wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I have to reach out of companie's firewall to oracle database server. Since
> the firewall only allow specific port number get out the firewall. If I know
> or can configure my sql*plus to use certain port on my machine, then I can
> get out.
> Dose any one know how to tell sql*plus or sql worksheet in enterprise
> manager using a certain port?

AFAIK the trouble with oracle's network protocol is that it opens arbitrary ports.

the server listens on the port that is configured in listener.ora (often 1526 or 1521). After a client connect another port is negotiated. you can
see that using a tool like "netstat".

Perhaps anyone does how this can be avoided or the range be pre-defined?

Cheers

Matthias

--
Out-of-order Execution

        (Feature von modernen Microprozessoren) Received on Fri Dec 11 1998 - 17:24:20 CST