Backup/Recovery of RBS datafiles

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_safeaccess.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 18:57:16 GMT

Is it really necessary to include rollback segment datafiles in every backup? We'd save about 8g on our backups if we didn't. Is there any easy way to rebuild them if we needed to?

One thought I had was to keep one copy of the RBS datafiles and if we ever had to recover, we could just restore it from that backup and do a recovery on it.

What are your thoughts?
--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_safeaccess.net

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child, and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel." (Isa 7:14 NASB) Received on Fri Dec 11 1998 - 12:57:16 CST