Use of DBVERIFY utility

From: Jack Jolly <jgjolly_at_ingr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:32:13 -0600

While poking around in the O8 books (specifically the Utilities Ref Guide), I found info about a utility named DB Verify (exe is named DBVERF80). It will verify an offline data file or log file. I ran it according to the example in the book:

 dbverf80 file=dbfile feedback=100

Where dbfile was the name of one of my db datafiles. It reported no corruptions, but I'm curious to know what would happen if it had found any? If you get a "datafile corrupt" msg within Oracle then run this utility on the datafile will it somehow fix it?

JJ

Jack G. Jolly
Intergraph PDS Support Received on Fri Dec 11 1998 - 11:32:13 CST