Re: How can I tell if ConText indexing is making progress?

From: Rod Stewart <rod.stewart_at_afp.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:46:42 +1000

You need to have a look at the services and Text DML queues to see what is happening. Depending on the size and format of the documents though it may take over an hour. If things aren't going well, it is most likely that context has got itself 'stuck' on indexing a particular document. This sort of thing doesn't usually happen with straight text documents but is not uncommon with MS Word and other documents who's format changes with version. You can view the queues via the Context Option System Admin tool or by examining the contents of the drq_pending, drq_waiting and ctx_svcq tables. If a document is 'stuck', it will be sitting in the drq_waiting table for a long time going nowhere.

Hope this helps

Rod J. Stewart

JonnyA_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <74p5jm$qiu$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>I'm trying to re-create an index on about 2500 documents. The server is
very
>powerful and has plenty of resources, but the call to
ctx_ddl.create_index()