Re: SQL-Loader: Record Separaters...

From: Babette Turner-Underwood <babettet_at_you.cant.spam.me>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 21:58:50 GMT

A few years ago we did something similar to this. How we got around the CR LF in the column was to translate the field when we spooled it to a flat file. And then we re-translated it after we did the load.

In SQL*Plus, Something like

spool data.out
select col1 || ',' || col2 || ',' || translate (col3, chr(10), '~') || ',' || col4 ...
from table1;
spool off

Then in SQL*loader, load comma delimited file

Then later
update imported_data_table
set col3 = translate (col3, '~', chr(10));

Babette Turner-Underwood, TMI Communications babettet_at_tmi.ca.NOSPAM (remove appropriate part to e-mail me)