Re: Rollback Sizing

From: Robert Miller <robert_at_rjmiller.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 19:51:44 -0000

I'm not sure what exactly goes in the rollback segs but was the insert = for multiple rows and was there a commit in between them?

Rollbacks will not release space unless you commit.

Also I believe other users with uncommitted transactions will stop your = rollbacks from reusing space.

Rob

    John P. Higgins wrote in message <366F417D.41FF673A_at_deere.com>...     My 3GB rollback segment overflowed while inserting 2GB into a = table. I do not understand this. I thought that inserts placed very = minimal undo information into the rollback segment -- like just the = ROWID's (plus some overhead).

    Can anyone shead any light?

    John Received on Thu Dec 10 1998 - 13:51:44 CST