Re: Ways to list available tables?

From: David Lord <lordd_at_csi.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:31:52 +0100

Run the following simple query to get a list of the objects that you can access:-

SELECT owner, object_name FROM all_objects;

(NB: You could use all_tables instead of all_objects but you may find you need to access other object types as well, for example a view).

If lotevents appears in this list then to make your query work add the owner name (and a period) to the beginning of each object referenced in your code, for example

SELECT * FROM david.loteverts;

alternatively, create a private synonym for these objects, for example

CREATE SYNONYM lotevents for david.lotevents;

If lotevents is NOT in this list then you can't access it, and you should poke your lazy unhelpful DBA with a dirty stick until you get some action. It's his job to set the database up in a way that ALL users have the best environment for the work they need to do.